Friday, July 9, 2010

Are You Freaking Kidding Me: Hand Towel Edition


Have you seen the new disposable hand towels for home use yet? How germophobic can we get as a country? I like clean hands as much as the next person, but this seems excessive. In my opinion, it's a manufactured fear.

According to the manufacturer's website, "People in the U.S. dry their hands on cloth bathroom towels approximately 200 billion times a year." So instead we should just add 200 billion pieces of paper to landfills? Are you freaking kidding me?

4 comments:

  1. You're so right. I saw the ads for these and was thinking - who is going to buy that? So ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same darn thing! Come on people, throw the towel in the wash and move on already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, although I think these would be nice if you were having a party with many guests using the same bathroom and then you aren't constantly having to change the hand towel or guests are using a wet, much-used hand towel. Again, that's the ONLY time I would ever use these.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.