Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Shelves

When we moved into our current apartment, I thought we'd only be here for a year. Next month it will be three years since we moved in and we have no plans of moving for at least the next year or two.

There was a lot I was willing to put up with in this apartment because it was just supposed to be temporary. Now that I'm finally acknowledging this is it indefinitely, I'm making some changes to make it more livable for me. I added shelves and changed up the look of my ceiling fan, but what got on my nerves the most was my thermostat and front door buzzer.

The issue was resolved by installing two narrow shelves and using pictures to conceal the eyesores. (I took this picture during the holidays and I'm too lazy to take another one, so that's why there's a tree statuette and a bell on the shelves. They're not still there.)

I'm not crazy about all the pictures we currently have displayed, but I was using what we already had framed around the apartment. Eventually, I'd like all the pictures to be original art of places we've been, but we'll have to do some more traveling to make that happen. In the meantime, this is so much better than it was, so I'm not complaining.

1 comment:

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.