Monday, January 31, 2011

Insomnia Sucks

...but otherwise it's been a wonderful few days.

On Thursday, Chuk did notice and appreciate all the hard work I did deep cleaning. We also booked a cruise to Alaska for May. I can't even describe how excited I am. It's a dream come true.

On Friday, we took advantage of Restaurant Week Alexandria and went out to dinner. Three courses for two for only $35! The food was delicious and the company was even better. ;-) Friday is our regular date night, but we made it extra special because we were celebrating Chuk submitting his application to grad school. I am so proud of him.

On Saturday, Chuk made me breakfast, I had one of the most amazing naps of my life, and then we went to see the movie True Grit. We had planned to go to the movie on Friday, but I was too tired after dinner. Plan B was better anyway because we got to stretch date "night" to two nights. Anyway, True Grit was quite good, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like Westerns or Cohen brothers movies. The story was interesting and had a feminist plot I wasn't expecting.

On Sunday, we spent a lot of time lazing about. I cut Chuk's hair, then we went to my favorite store, Costco, and the organic food market.

Last night I couldn't sleep a wink. (See title of this post.) None of my usual sleep remedies worked, but I've realized what my problem was. I had a diet coke yesterday afternoon. That's all it takes for me folks, one diet coke and I'm up all night. Sometimes I'm glad I'm sensitive to caffeine (because it works well when I need it to) but right now, I'm not very happy about it.

I'll just keep thinking about Alaska and get back to my happy place. Glaciers and whales and fjords, oh my!

3 comments:

  1. An Alaskan cruise sounds amazing! It's high on my list of big vacations to take. Which line are you going on? Will you have an overland part or just the cruising part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're taking Celebrity Infinity and we'll dock four times, but all of the travel will be on the ship.
    http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationItinerary.do;jsessionid=0000de_RYceVpePw6ecQ5HIm93j:12hdebcnj?packageCode=IN07A062&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Results&sailDate=1110520

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meghan,

    I just found your blog and it looks like we live in the same neck of the woods (I live in Falls Church). Anyway, now that I've outed myself as a stalker, I had to comment because going on an Alaskan cruise is one of the things on my bucket list! I am so excited for you! Please, please post pictures so that I can be jealous and make mental notes about what I want to do! :)

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.