Friday, November 4, 2011

Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater

Two friends and I drove up to Pennsylvania on the Day of the Dead to see the architectural masterpiece Fallingwater, which was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for the Kaufmann family.

The setting was absolutely beautiful. The house cantilevered out from a rock over a waterfall. Though I didn't love the colors Mr. Wright chose for the house (beige-y pink with maroon trim), I do think I would love to live on a waterfall.


To see the paint colors, check out Cherokee Red and Covered Wagon on this page:
http://voiceofcolor.com/en/exchange/the_voice/dee_schlotter.asp

1 comment:

  1. I love that house! I really would love to see it in person. You got some nice photos of it!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.