Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm Over It

I'm going to tell you a secret. In the last two weeks, I've had two dreams about having a baby. I haven't told anybody about it, until now. I was questioning everything. Is my biological clock finally kicking in? Does this mean I'm ready to have a baby? What if Chuk doesn't want to have a baby now and I do? What if my eggs are getting too old? I've been torturing myself thinking about it all the time.

Not anymore. This morning the cat peed on the carpet in the hallway because I wasn't giving her what she wanted--wet cat food. Then this afternoon she knocked a turd out of her litter box when she was trying to bury them and I had to clean that off the carpet too.

It was enough to cure me of my baby fever. I can wait some more.

Incidentally, the best way I've found to clean up cat pee on carpet is to soak it all up with lots of paper towels. You have to step on them to really blot it well. Then when it feels dry and you can't see the mark anymore, pour a 50/50 solution of rubbing alcohol and water on the spot to eliminate the smell and keep the cat from re-marking there.

4 comments:

  1. you are the best!!!

    I need a cat... my urge for a baby is daily! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are the best! I think they are what keep my husband's and mine baby fever at bay!

    And hey, that solution you put on the carpet sounds a lot like Nature's Miracle. Didn't know you could DIY that stuff.

    I found your blog a few days ago and liked what I read...my husband was unemployed for 16 months and I really could have used your blog back then. Glad to have found you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uterus hurts everytime I see a friend with her baby. UGH. But then I remember that they're a lot of work and maybe I'm not quite done playing around. So yeah, I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh. my little sister, single and childless, says my kids are the best birth control EVER. I try not to be offended :) and then I try not to envy her free time.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.