Thursday, August 26, 2010

Soft Frozen Lemonade

Temperatures here are still in the 90s. Yuck. Many moons ago, when I was an undergrad in hot and sticky Connecticut in an un-airconditioned dorm room, I learned that the only thing more refreshing than lemonade was soft frozen lemonade. (It was also delightful with a little vodka mixed in. Yum.)

Now than I'm a little (ok, a lot) older (and wiser?) and don't want to eat all the junk that's in soft frozen lemonade, I tried an experiment to see if I could make my own. Happily, it worked.

The oh-so-complicated instructions are: Pour lemonade into your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. When it's soft set, probably in about 20 minutes, transfer to an air-tight container and freeze.

My ice cream maker is an attachment for my kitchen aid mixer. It works wonderfully.

Here's the finished product next to its inspiration. If you want to be fancy, I would call it lemon sorbet or lemon granita.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think there's a scoop of this calling my name.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this suoer easy recipe and another reason to use my ice cream maker!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.