Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Making Laundry Easier

 

I'm always looking for ways to make life easier. (I'm kind of a lazy person.) It's always been a little bit of a hassle to sort through the dirty laundry looking for the delicates that need to be washed in a lingerie bag, especially if I'm in a hurry. Recently, I had a brainstorm that I could just use a binder clip to attach the bag to the hamper and throw the items in there instead of fishing through the laundry for them. When it's time to wash clothes, all I have to do is unclip the bag, zip it up, and throw it in with the rest of the clothes. It's quick and easy.

For me, it's easier to attach the bag to the outside of the hamper, but honestly that's not the most attractive way to do it. (I don't really need my hamper to be attractive though.) If the aesthetics of this are more important to you, you could clip the bag to the inside of the hamper. You could also use a clothespin or a bulldog clip instead of a binder clip.

This system works well for the usual delicate items like bras and panties, but works especially well for baby socks (pictured above) because they're so small that they tend to get lost, both in the hamper and in the wash, which doesn't happen when you wash them in a lingerie bag. 

Streamlined laundry and no more orphan socks, it works for me.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I should do this with all our socks, which seem to disappear so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a smart idea! I don't usually separate my dedicates and I really should. This might help me do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! Maybe I saw this and it lingered in my brain until I thought it was my very own brilliant idea :) I wish I had known about this trick when I had tiny baby socks to wash. So many of those just got lost in adult sleeves or lost somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They way you put it together is much more beautiful. And you know, there's nothing new under the sun.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.