Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Turning 34 Two Ways, Part II

A week after his birthday, we had a fun little party for Chuk at a local park on the banks of the Potomac. There was a shady baby play area and a hammock.


Babies weren't the only drooling guests, some dogs came too. They were so cute and well behaved. (The dogs and the babies.)



I labeled the cups with the names of rivers so it would be easy to keep track of. It worked really well and it was fun to see which rivers people picked. My husband, a returned Peace Corps volunteer from Ukraine, chose the Dnieper, of course. I knew he would.



There was lots of food. (Sadly I didn't get a picture of the cake. It was homemade, from scratch, carrot cake.) We provided cake, cheeseburgers and veggie burgers, and potato salad. Some guests asked if they could bring something, so we asked them to bring sodas or side dishes.


Everything was delicious and summery. It was my first time trying quinoa and I'm it's newest convert.


It was a lovely afternoon. We're so lucky to have such awesome friends.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of asking your guests to bring something to the party. I'm always horrible at that, thinking I should have to provide everything. When in reality, people love to bring things and help out! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.