Thursday, October 27, 2011

Deciding on a Halloween Costume

Before I got pregnant, I had decided I wanted to be Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords for Halloween. I already had an Elvis-esque wig with sideburns that I knew I could style to look like Jemaine's hair and a pair of 3-D glasses from when I went to see Avatar that I planned to pop the lenses out of. The only thing I bought for the costume was a snap front denim shirt from the thrift store.



photo credit

Then I got pregnant and I knew the Jemaine costume wouldn't work, mainly because the shirt no longer fits. I saw the Halloween outfit below on Etsy and thought I could recreate it pretty easily.


I also had the idea to use the messed up fake teeth below (my dad bought a pair for himself, my brother, sister and me one day before we were going out to play bocce ball and I've kept them ever since) and wear a stained wife beater and be white trash and pregnant.




(This is not the most beautiful picture of me ever taken. Chuk and I had just gotten back from a camping trip--hence the cooler in the background-- and instead of putting stuff away we decided to mess around and take pictures. It takes supreme bravery to post pictures of yourself on the internet with dirty hair and without make up.)

So while the problem with the first costume is my baby bump is too big, the problem with each of these costumes is my belly bump isn't quite big enough. I just look like I've gained a lot of weight. I don't yet have that perfectly round pregnant belly.

Now I don't know what to be and I need to decide soon. We're going to a party on Saturday and I want to wear a costume to it because Chuk has class on actual Halloween, so this it's my only chance to dress up. Any ideas???

1 comment:

  1. I don't really like Halloween because I can never come up with a good costume! So I'm no help at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.