Monday, October 22, 2012

Western Maryland

Panorama of Deep Creek Lake
I always ask for a trip for my birthday. Plan A was a cheap cruise out of Baltimore, but that was deemed (by Chuk) not doable with a baby, too expensive, and too time consuming. Plan B was staying in a yurt at Deep Creek Lake State Park in Maryland. I have such a fascination with yurts. Unfortunately, when we arrived the yurt was already occupied. (They don't take reservations, so we knew it was a hit or miss plan.) Plan C was stay in a hotel but still check out the fall foliage in the area.
Chuk planned all the baby's outfits for the weekend. Notice the bear on his shirt. 
While I'd still love to stay in a yurt one day, Plan C worked out beautifully. I'd never been to that part of Maryland before and it was just gorgeous.




The weather was perfectly cool and crisp. We took some short hikes and were able to admire the changing leaves and check out some waterfalls.
Bundled up and ready to hike
Muddy Creek Falls, the highest in Maryland


I love living in the city, but weekends in the country are sometimes just the thing. We had a lovely, relaxing time.
And one the way home, we saw a double rainbow! They aren't very clear in this picture, but in real life the one on the left was so vibrant. I'm taking it as a good omen for my 33rd year.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, gorgeous! Wow, that looks so amazing! I love the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Glad you were able to get away for your birthday. Sounds like a blast:)

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.