Thursday, November 22, 2012

Let's Talk Turkey

Turkey 2009
It's just the three of us at home for Thanksgiving this year because Chuk is too busy finishing up the end of the semester for us to travel anywhere or host. Honestly though, I'm kind of excited to be doing a small, family Thanksgiving. It feels good to be establishing our own traditions now that we have Baby.

So since it's just going to be the two of us eating, we got a 19.5 pound turkey, obviously. (My turkey and my son are almost exactly the same size. Ha!) We'll also be having eight sides and two kinds of pie. Ridiculous? Absolutely! But it's Chuk's favorite holiday and feasting is pretty much the point of it, so how could I say no? At least we both like leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody.

3 comments:

  1. I personally don't eat a whole bunch on Thanksgiving, but I do eat a LOT of leftovers for weeks. Sadly, I won't have any leftovers this year, though I will be trying to make stuffing in my rice cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of food! But really, it's Thanksgiving, and I can't imagine it any other way. We spent it with the family but if it were just us, I'm not sure I could pull off all that cooking just myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feasting IS what the holiday was invented for!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.