Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cheap Autumn Decor

I used to budget about $10/week on flowers for the table. I've cut that back significantly as we've tightened our belts, but I still want to have something pretty to look at while I eat (besides Chuk).

I bought a bunch of gourds and mini pumpkins at the farmers' market and grocery store. They were 3 for $2. I threw them in a jar I already had and voila...decor that will last me through October and November for less than $10.

P.S. It looks better in person. I had to turn on the hideous overhead light which made the colors look weird, but you get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.