Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Washing Pots?

Let's take a vote. Let's say you used your biggest pot to cook pasta. You didn't put salt or oil or anything into it, just water and dried pasta. Once you're finished, do you need to wash the pot? Keep in mind the pot won't fit in the dishwasher, the next thng you cook in the pot is likely going to be the exact same thing, it looks clean, and handwashing dishes is probably going to be the death of you.

I may or may not have just rinsed the pot out with hot water and called it a day. Is this disgusting or kind of genius?

3 comments:

  1. I believe there's a saying called "work smarter, not harder" intended for times like these. ;-)

    I do it too. I steamed veggies last night--used hot water to rinse off the lid, the steamer, the pot and that was that. I rarely wash knives that I've used for veggies, as well. Unless they get really dirty. If it's just cutting up a cucumber, rinse off, dry, stick back in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might notice some residue on the pot from the starches that came out of the pasta and onto the pot that only soap would get off, but otherwise, I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably would have done the same thing - but maybe swiped it a bit with a cloth and some soap. But yeah, I wouldn't have washed in the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.