Saturday, July 2, 2011

Perfect (and Less Than Perfect) Saturdays

Last Saturday was wonderful. Chuk made me brunch.

It was a beautiful day, a rarity during a Virginia summer.

Because it wasn't too hot or humid, Chuk suggested we go down to the river and feed the birds.


There were a lot of birds: geese, ducks, and songbirds.

It was a lovely, peaceful afternoon. Then, in the evening, we met a friend and his parents for dinner and a walk through Old Town, and we ended up, once again, down by the river. It was an idyllic Saturday.

This Saturday is less than perfect. My poor Chuk has to work today and tomorrow, so I'll be spending the day catching up with my DVR and the laundry that needs to be folded. If it can't be perfect, at least it can be productive.

2 comments:

  1. I miss lazy Virginia spring days; I wasn't actually there during the summer. Down here its just hot (I think we've been at 95+ for the past few weeks? I lose track), so I have to do all my "lazy" outdoor stuff in the mornings or evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get things done, and sometimes its easier when the spouse is gone and out of the way!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.