Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Hour at Home: Cinnamon Apple Sparkler


Last weekend, I went to Rebecca's fun game night where she introduced me to yet another awesome cocktail. It tastes just like red hots--spicy and a little sweet.

Cinnamon Apple Sparkler

Sparkling apple cider
Cinnamon whiskey

Mix approximately five parts cold sparkling apple cider (the faux champagne, non-alcoholic kind) with one part cinnamon whiskey.


I'm not a big whiskey drinker, so I didn't even know there was such a thing as cinnamon whiskey. According to Rebecca, it's more common in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Let me tell you, it's delicious. I'm imagining drinking this cocktail in early fall in the evening after a BBQ.

I would also think you could make this a mocktail by mixing the cider with a few drops of cinnamon extract. I'll experiment and let you know.

3 comments:

  1. I love happy hour at home. I have two small kids and most of my friends have small people as well, so we happy hour at home.

    The kids play and we get to relax and have cocktails and enjoy.


    I will have to try this drink.

    Happy Friday,

    elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that there was flavored whisky. You learn something new every day! I love happy hours at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of cinnamon whiskey, but I want some!! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.