Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Dressing Up $0.99 Stockings



In an ideal world, I would have made matching, monogrammed green velvet stockings for Chuk and myself using the sewing machine he got me for my birthday. (I don't know how to sew and it seems like an easy project to start on.) In this ideal world, this project would have been done early enough that when I found out I had five guests coming for Christmas, I would be able to sew them matching stockings too. Of course, I would monogram these by hand too.

Alas, this is not a perfect world. The homemade stockings for Chuk and me will have to wait until next year. In the meantime, we'll use our mis-matched ones that we brought into the marriage. For our guests, I bought $0.99 stockings at Target. I still needed to be able to tell which was for whom though, so instead of building a snowman on Monday, I monogrammed their stockings. The job isn't perfect, my embroidery skills aren't great and I didn't have any red floss so I had to use green, but I think it adds some much needed chic-ness to otherwise cheap stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.