Amber is hosting an "All I want for Christmas" party this week.
Of course I want lots of intangible things like an end to hunger and thirst, eradication of malaria, world peace, inner peace, a better temperament, a solution the climate crisis, etc. For my list of what I want for Christmas, I'm going to stick to material items. And because I don't want to bore you with all 36 items on my Amazon list, I'll tell you the things I don't think I'm going to get. These are in no particular order.
1. A butler bag because I hate having to dig around in my purse to find things.
2. A Wii. I seriously love the boxing game and I think it would increase my exercise level from zero to some.
3. A forget me knot ring because I love thin rings and also I think it is super cute and unique.
4. This comforter set. I might buy it for myself after Christmas if it goes on sale. Little known fact: I'm obsessed with bedding. Getting into clean sheets and shopping for bedding are like my favorite things in the world.
5. Rolls of satin ribbon. I have had a ribbon obsession (apparently I have a lot of obsessions...hmm...) that stems from my infancy. Throughout my childhood, I couldn't fall asleep unless I was rubbing a ribbon. Even now I love to rub ribbons, or even satiny tags on clothes. Um, this post is starting to dissolve from "Friend Makin' Monday" into "psychoanalyze what a weirdo Meghan is" pretty quickly.
6. These super-cute embroidery patterns, which I would embroider on a set of dishtowels.
7. A Craftsman bungalow.
8. A job in my chosen profession.
9. A trip to Ireland. We were supposed to go for my birthday, but that didn't work out for a variety of reasons. We're hoping to go sometime this year though, probably in the spring. Paradoxically, if I get a job, it's unlikely we'll go because it will be hard for me to accrue enough vacation time.
Now that you've seen my motley assortment, what are you lusting for this Christmas? Alternatively, what gift are most excited to give?