Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ireland: Day 1

It was snowing when we landed in Dublin! Even the locals couldn't believe it. We're hardy souls though, so we persevered with our sightseeing.

We went to Trinity College where we saw the incredible 1,200 year old Book of Kells and the library's breath-taking long room. No pictures were allowed, but trust me, both were absolutely spectacular. Click the links to see pictures. (I kept saying of the long room, "It looks just like Hogwarts!" I'm a dork.)

Afterwards, we walked down Grafton St. over to St. Stephen's Green. Despite the weather, there were lots of ducks and even a pair of swans in a pond. Lovely!

That night, we had dinner (and a drink!) at the Temple Bar, while we listened to live Irish music. It was the perfect way to end the beginning of a wonderful vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.