Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reviewing Works

When Chuk somehow (I still don't understand how) broke the shredding disk on our food processor, we decided to buy a replacement disk since we frequently use it. (Buying your cheese in bulk, shredding it yourself and then freezing it saves a ton of money.)

$7.95 seemed like kind of a lot, but it was the $12.95 shipping that seemed really excessive. The thing only weighs a couple of ounces. We bought it anyway though because it was cheaper (and less wasteful) than buying a new food processor and because I really didn't want to shred five pounds of mozzarella or three pounds of carrots at a time by hand.

He bought the replacement disk online and after we had received it he filled out an online review stating basically that the part was great but the shipping was really expensive. Over the weekend, he was contacted by the company and offered a refund of the shipping price. I was so happy.

The moral of the story is: The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love it when a friendly complaint gets action. $12.95 for shipping is ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, nice! That's awesome. Also, shredding a bunch of cheese at once and freezing it is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! You mean I don't have to be cutting my hands on the cheese grater?
    That was really awesome of the company. I'll have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.