Monday, September 13, 2010

French Dinner Party

Last week, my friend Rebecca sent out an email inviting our group of friends to a French dinner party at her place. The menu, direct from Julia Child, included

Asperges avec sauce creme
Poulet au porto (This was flambé!)
Gratin de pommes de terre et saucission
Tarte aux peches


The food was amazing, but the company was even better.

As a hostess gift, I embroidered a dish towel with Rebecca's name and presented it with a little plant I picked up from the grocery store for a couple of bucks. It was easy and inexpensive, but heartfelt and practical...all my favorite things in a gift.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a French dinner party. :) But even more, what a great hostess gift! You did a great job making the towel and picking out the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - just putting the dish names en Francais makes them sound so fancy!!!

    Love your hostess gift - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.