Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Hour at Home: Peach Sangria

Summer may be waning in some parts of the country, but where I am, it's still hot and the grocery stores are still bursting with peaches. For my Project Runway party last month, I made a delicious (if I do say so myself) peach sangria inspired by a white peach sangria at a favorite Spanish restaurant in Chinatown; I know, ironic.

Peach Sangria

1.5 Liter bottle of white wine (I used a chardonnay.)
1 cup of brandy
1/4 cup triple sec or Cointreau
2 cups of orange juice
1 can peach nectar
1 cup of 7-up
4 cinnamon sticks
20 oz. fresh or frozen peaches (peeled and sliced)

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Serve in wine glasses with toothpicks so the boozy peaches can easily be retrieved from the bottom of the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.