Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Grad School on the Cheap


I don't know that I've mentioned it here, but we found out a couple of months ago that Chuk got into his #1 choice for grad schools, and incidentally, if you'll indulge me in a little bragging, it is also one of the best schools in the program for his field of study.

For the last couple of months, we've been discussing what would be the best way to pay for tuition. Should we use our savings? Should we get a loan? Turns out, the best way to get your spouse through grad school on the cheap is to marry a genius. We found out last night Chuk got both a merit scholarship and an assistantship. I honestly could not be more proud. I've shared the news with everyone I know in real life and since I still have that "shout it from the rooftops" feeling, I wanted to share our good news with all of you too. Yay! We're so happy.

5 comments:

  1. That is the way to go! I would have said "find an assistantship!" I have one, and while it's not much, I can pay rent, have food, have basic insurance, etc. I work a few contract jobs to supplement my income (baby sitting, etc.), but I know that when I get out into the job market I will benefit from having the degree and no additional debt.

    Congratulations, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! Yay for getting in and yay for getting some scholarships! You should be very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Go Chuk!!!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby! We seem to have a lot in common because something very similar happened here just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I worked at a University as an admin that got to watch the process of picking assitantships and such. It was really interesting and a hard decision. Congrats to Chuk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is awesome and so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.