Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sofa Fabric



Yay! I'm so glad you all approve of my fabric choice. Here's a little more information on it. I got it at Ikea for $2.99/yard. (Actually, I got the first 4.75 yards at $1/yard because they rang it up wrong and I didn't realize until later.) Unfortunately, I don't see it on the website anymore, so maybe that's why it was on sale.

It does have a kind of canvas feel to it and it's reversible so I didn't have to worry about a "wrong side" when I was sewing. The thin stripes look black in the pictures but are navy blue, so it matches the navy accessories I already had in the room. I was a little nervous about sewing stripes because I didn't want them to be wavy, but the stripes actually helped me sew a straight line, so it was a good thing.

For the record, I had my sewing machine for over a year before I ever attempted to sew anything. I was totally scared too, but now I'm loving it. If your fear is holding your back, I say go for it anyway. Other than threading the machine and bobbin, it's totally not as hard as you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.