Sunday, February 13, 2011

Super Bowl XLV Party

We had our sixth annual Super Bowl party last Sunday and I think it was one of our best ever.

We crammed eleven people (twelve if you count a baby) into our tiny apartment. It was cramped, but cozy.

Our team didn't win, but it wasn't for lack of spirit. (Can you find my cat in the picture above?)

Chuk got a bunch of Steelers paraphernalia from his aunt as a wedding present, which was totally random. It's been sitting in our basement for nearly two years, but it came in handy for the party. We had Steelers coasters, clappers, a rug, a blanket, and three Terrible Towels.

I almost forgot to mention the FOUR different kinds of Steelers glasses.

We got this football cooler for a couple of bucks online several years ago. Even I, the non-sports fan, think this is really fun. And because it's inflatable, it's easy to store, unlike all our other football stuff.

I got the football plates and napkins at the grocery store for 75% off at the end of the last football season. Normally, I don't do disposable, but I don't have enough plates or cloth napkins for eleven people. Sometimes you just have to compromise.

We served meatball subs on ciabatta rolls, chips and onion dip and football-shaped donuts. The football donuts are a tradition for us. We get them from Krispy Kreme every year. Guests brought veggies and hummus, and chips and salsa to round out the meal.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a super fun Super Bowl party! I was going to ask you how you made those cute donuts, and then read that you bought them at Krispy Kreme -- way smart (and delicious)!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.