Friday, November 13, 2009

Clean Out the Fridge Dinner

It’s been raining here for days, so I haven’t wanted to go to the store. Does anybody like loading groceries into the trunk while getting soaked? It’s the worst.

I’m going to have to break down and go to the store today, despite the continuing bad weather, but last night I was forced to come up with a meal based on odds and ends left in the fridge. The result was an unexpectedly delightful French-inspired dinner of brie and green onion frittata, garlic bread and fresh tomatoes.

The result was good enough to keep. I think it could reappear as a brunch, lunch or dinner. I would use mushrooms in the frittata next time though. I love having another vegetarian meal to add to the repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.