Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Engagement Party Invitation

We bought these invitations from Paper Source for the engagement party. I hadn’t ever used printable invitations and was a little nervous about it, but I’m pleased to report it was much easier than I thought it would be.

In MS Word, all you have to do is change your paper size is go to file, page setup, click on the paper tab, and then from the drop down menu select the size written on the package of invitations, usually A5 or A7.

I set my margins to allow room for the design. I chose a font and font color to match the existing type. It was simply a process of trial and error; I used scrap paper so as not to waste pricey invitations. I wanted the “what, for, date time, place,” etc. to match the existing writing exactly but I wanted contrast between that and the personal information. I used the same font in a smaller size, but bold and in small caps which allowed for contrast, but coordination.

I was very pleased with the results and some of our guests thought we had them custom ordered, which made me feel like I did a professional job. We have a couple of extra invitations too, and since the style is generic, we can reuse them for another event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.