Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Food for Sick People

We often hear that the sick should eat things like chicken soup and orange juice, which are great, but I'd like to add another food to that list. I've been eating roasted garlic the last two days and it's really been helping me to feel better.

Garlic has wonderful antibiotic, anti-viral and fungicidal properties and is a known immune booster. It's intense flavor is mellowed by roasting, yet it remains flavorful enough to taste when one has a head cold. Think about making some roasted garlic the next time you or someone in your household has a cold. I'm certain you'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

  1. I love garlic! I have found it particularly helpful in preventing a cold from turning into a lingering sinus infection.

    My friend, who reads more about natural healing than I do, says raw garlic is most effective. I've found that I can stand to eat it, in fact actually enjoy it, if I put a clove through the garlic press and mix it into hot spaghetti sauce or egg-drop soup.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.