Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Afternoon with the President

In case you need me today, I'm meeting with President Obama now to listen to his ideas on health care reform. (Full disclosure: Some other people, like a couple of thousand of them, might show up too.)

One of the greatest things about living in Washington is that I have opportunities to be an eye-witness to history, to be there when something is happening. While others watch it on TV, I get to watch it live. It's something I'm very grateful for.

Lest you think I'm partisan, since living here, I've seen Donald Rumsfeld, Ted Kennedy, Tucker Carlson, Ralph Nader, Bill Maher, and Paul Begala speak. I've been to inaugurations for both George W. Bush and Barack Obama. I've flown on commercial planes with Madeleine Albright and Henry Kissinger. I swear, John Kerry almost hit me with his car in Georgetown one afternoon. (No one believes that it was him.) On a separate occasion, my sister and I saw Chelsea Clinton walking down the street in Georgetown. I hardly ever even go to Georgetown.

So, if you ever find yourself in Washington DC, keep your eyes open because you never know who you'll run into (...or in the case of John Kerry, who will run into you!)

Are you taking advantage of all the opportunities available to you in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.