Thursday, September 24, 2009

Relieving Sinus Pressure and Pain in the Shower

Are you tired of me writing about how sick I am? Yeah, well I’m tired of being sick. So we both have to just deal with it. But I promise this will be the last post about my cold.

I’ve been having fairly intense sinus pain between my eyebrows and on my cheekbones so I’ve been wanting to massage the area to relieve the pressure, but I haven’t been able to because my nose is running so much and I don’t want to get snot on my hands. (I know that is too much information and a run-on sentence, but bear with me.) I’ve come up with a solution that totally works for me.

In the shower, I can hold my head in such a way that the streams of water gentle massage my sinuses without getting any water up my nose. If you have an adjustable shower head you need to make sure the pressure is on the gentlest rain-type of setting otherwise your face is going to hurt even more. Between the face massage and the steam, I’ve been feeling better every time I get out of the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.