Monday, March 14, 2011

Easy Dressing

I'm a lazy dresser. I used to really try to look cute, but that's when I had more money and when I was single. Lest you think I'm neglecting my husband, he has made it very clear he likes it when I look a little scruffy. In his ideal world, I would wear jeans, an oversized tee, and a baseball hat every day. To each his own.

The problem with this is that it's a slippery slope from this to pajamas all day. This winter, I've bought a few dresses on clearance and have happily discovered it is easier to wear a dress than it is to wear pants and a top. It's just piece and I don't have to worry about matching.

I've even managed to overcome the leg shaving problem that comes with wearing dresses: cable knit tights. I'm voluptuous and can't wear cable knit sweaters because they make me look chunky, but on my legs, they're fine. They're warm and you can get away with at least a week's worth of leg hair growth.

Shift and wrap dresses in jersey or ponte knit are the most comfortable. It honestly feels like I'm wearing a night gown. I am tempted by sweater dresses, but so far I haven't been brave enough to try one on yet. I'm worried it would cling in the wrong places.

I have this dress and love it. I'm thinking about getting it in another color. I have dresses similar to this and this. They are all very comfortable.

I still wear plenty of jeans and tees to keep my husband happy, but if I have to go out, I feel more pulled together and confident in a dress than I do in sweats and a ponytail.

5 comments:

  1. Dresses are seriously more comfortable than pants! Especially in the summer, anything else is too hot.

    My husband loves it when my hair is pulled back in a ponytail and I'm wearing one of HIS shirts- and he outweighs me by a good hundred pounds! Boys are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! A girl after my own heart! The best part of the lazy dress is that people think you look fabulous and they don't even know how good you feel in the dress. Go for the sweater dresses, Meghan! If you put on a tummy control or something underneath, it smooths things out nicely. I can't wait for summer...I'm not a fan of shorts that bunch, but I love a good sundress that's easy to throw on with some flip flops or sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot to say that I feel you on the no shaving thing. My friend jokes that she will sometimes "Shave for Jesus," meaning that she will shave before church, when her legs will be exposed by her dress. Let's just say that sometimes Jesus doesn't even make the cut in winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wear those sweater dresses - they just hug in all the wrong places. Which is a bummer because they are so cute on the right person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dresses are SO much easier...and somehow make you look like you're trying to look nice even when you're not :) I picked up a few cheap Old Navy dresses for spring that cover up my remaining baby weight - all the comfort of PJs or maternity pants without the guilt!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.