Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Help Getting Out of Bed in the Morning

Sometimes (ok, a lot of the time) I have a hard time getting up in the morning. This is particularly a problem when I have to wake up to catch an early flight, or something similar, because usually I'm going to bed late and I have the added anxiety that I'll sleep through my alarm.

What works for me is to set my "water alarm" in addition to my regular alarm clock. Chuk makes fun of me for this, but it totally works. I drink a full glass of water right before going to bed and then when the alarm goes off I have extra motivation to get up and out of bed quickly rather than hitting the snooze button.

When you can't get a full night's sleep, how do you make sure you get up on time?

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I have the hardest time getting up in the morning, I always have.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, *now* I have a baby that wakes me up :) But before I got married, I used to put my alarm clock on the far side of my bedroom and turn it up as loudly as possible so I would HAVE to get out of bed to turn it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahahaha I have totally done that!!!! It DOES work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about doing that, but I bet it really does work! That's so smart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny. But totally creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I did that, I'd be up 3 hours later *heh*
    Usually I set two different alarm clocks, putting one way across the room on really loud mariachi music station!

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.