Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Taking the Sting Out of Sunburns

I'm not going to lecture you; I know you wear sunscreen, but sometimes $h!t happens. The best way to take the burn out of a sunburn is to rub white vinegar onto the burn with a cottonball. I know it sounds crazy, but it totally works. It works even better than aloe.

The second day we were in Florida, Chuk and I both got sunburns that we didn't notice until later in the evening after we had gotten back to the condo. We applied vinegar and slept with it on. We were stinky, but we didn't hurt the next day.

3 comments:

  1. That's a good and cheap tip! But does the vinegar sting or burn or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels warm when you put it on, which is somewhat unpleasant, but it doesn't burn or sting or hurt in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard this tip for sunburn! I'm going to remember it. Maybe vinegar really is miraculous. . .

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.