Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's My First Time

Hey! I lost my guest posting virginity. Go check out my recipes for beef stroganoff and vegetarian stroganoff at Lauren's blog, Pineapple Pizza.

As a bonus, here's a memory about pineapple pizza. I grew up in California with health nuts for parents. We rarely got pizza, but when we did, my siblings' and my favorite kind of pizza was Hawaiian, which is ham and pineapple.

Once, when we were visiting family in Louisiana, my mom took us kids out for pizza in New Orleans, which was cause for major excitement. When the waiter came by we ordered a Hawaiian pizza.

He said, "Ya'll must be from California," in the thickest southern twang.

We kids all thought he must be a magician or psychic or something. We were amazed that he had guessed right.

My sister asked, "How did you know?"

He said, "Only people from California order pineapple on their pizza."

For the record, I still like pineapple on my pizza, but the husband, weirdo that he is, doesn't, so I hardly ever get it anymore. Hmmm, now I've made myself crave pineapple pizza.

1 comment:

  1. I will admit that I have never had pineapple on my pizza but I'm not sure I would like the texture. I'm a simple cheese girl myself.

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.