Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

If you thought my "recipe" for Spanish rice was a cop out, you ain't seen nothin' yet. If you're wondering if my laziness has any limits, the answer is no. I like to call it efficiency, but I'll be honest, it's born out of pure sloth.

To make barbecued pulled chicken sandwiches, grab a container of shredded chicken (or you could shred part of a rotisserie chicken), pour on some BBQ sauce (I use bottled without shame), stir until everything is moistened. Heat in the microwave for a minute or two, in the meantime toast hamburger buns. Divide the chicken amongst four buns. Done!

I usually serve this with green salad and potato salad, so all together I can have dinner ready in five minutes flat. (My husband makes the potato salad the night before so I don't count it as my time. Though I do the majority of our cooking, he is much better at making certain dishes than I am and potato salad happens to be one of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.