Thursday, October 1, 2009

Music Lifts My Spirit

I was in a bad mood yesterday. I woke up feeling sad and melancholy. It didn't help that this had happened the night before. I had a hard time sleeping because I was angry at the perpetrator for not being adequately sorry. (It is a vase I inherited from my grandfather, so the sentimental value is high.) I was angrier at myself for being so bad at gluing vases back together.

It probably also didn't help that I watched the movie Frozen River as soon as I got up. It's a great movie, but freaking depressing. To top it off it was a cold, gray, drizzly day and that never helps anything.

I had to drag myself to the Regina Spektor concert we had tickets to last night. By then end of it, I certainly was glad I had. I already knew she was talented, but I didn't realize how cute she is too. She was so grateful for the applause and even seemed mildly embarrassed sometimes. Her lyrics are thought-provoking but the music is upbeat for the most part. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for the great show Regina! Chuk especially loved "Apres Moi" because he's a sucker for anyone speaking Russian. I have a hard time choosing a favorite.
(YouTube won't let me embed video. WTF?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.