Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Hour at Home: Shirley Temple


When I was a kid, we went to a local Mexican restaurant call El Perico every year for our birthdays. There was nothing special about this particular restaurant, but it was a big deal for us because it was tradition…and we almost never went out to eat. We kids were allowed to order a Shirley Temple with our meal. We normally weren’t allowed to drink soda so this made the whole going out experience extra special. It even had a cherry in it! It didn’t get any better than that for us.

I’ve been thinking it would be a good to give a mocktail (mock cocktail) recipe for H³ for a while now, and because I’ve got birthdays on the brain, today is the day.

Shirley Temple

Ice
7-Up (or Sprite)
Grenadine
Maraschino cherries

Fill a glass almost to the top with ice and 7-Up. Add a couple of spoonfuls of grenadine. (In a pinch, you can use the syrup from the jar of maraschino cherries.) Top with a cherry
two for the birthday girl, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.