Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Hour at Home: Sangria


One of my closest friends, I've known him for 26 years, lived in Spain for a year in college. He came back with this recipe for sangria that I just love. It's a great way to stretch an inexpensive bottle of wine, without feeling cheap. Serve it with sliced bread, cheese and ham and it'll be like you're having tapas in Spain. Olé!

Nate's Sangria

1 bottle of the cheapest pino noir you can find (Don't spend more than $5.)
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup sugar
orange
lemon
apple
2 cans 7-up

Thoroughly wash the skin of all your fruit. Chop it into bite-sized pieces, leaving the skin on. You'll use anywhere from half a piece to a whole piece of each fruit, depending on how chunky you want your final product to be. (Personally, I think the boozy fruit is the best part.)

Stir together your cut fruit, wine, brandy, sugar, and soda in a pitcher. Let sit in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.