Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Easy Spanish Rice


This recipe is so easy I’m almost embarrassed to post it, “almost” being the operative word. I’ve tried Spanish rice the regular way with all the chopping and sautéing, and honestly, I think this tastes the same as a Mexican restaurant.

Easy Spanish Rice

4 servings cooked rice (made from 1 cup uncooked rice)
¼ - ½ cup good salsa*


Make your rice the way you normally make rice. I bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in 1 cup rice. Cover, drop the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes. Turn off heat. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Recover and let sit for 5 minutes.


Stir in some salsa. I never measure it, but start slow until it looks like what you think Spanish rice should look like. Sometimes I also stir in some chili powder, but most of the time I don’t even bother. That's it! I told you it was easy.

*I think it’s important to choose a salsa that has chunks of tomato, green bell pepper, and onion in it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for your comment! I love your blog title -- so funny -- AND I'm so glad you posted that recipe for Spanish rice. Genious! (PS Totally agree on the mom thing hahaha)

    ReplyDelete

I know word verification is a pain, but I'm getting a lot of spam comments, more than I can keep up with. I hope you'll leave a comment anyway. I really appreciate you reading and love hearing back from you.